Neighbour Day 2015 ‘Tell Us Your Story’ Competition Rules
The Neighbour Day ‘Tell Us Your Story’ competition invites people in communities around the country to share their stories of an extraordinary neighbour, or an amazing neighbourly act.
Great neighbours and neighbourhoods exist all over Australia. Sharing these stories is important as they provide inspiration, joy and hope. They also encourage people to become active neighbours.
Relationships Australia manages Neighbour Day. The five principal aims of Neighbour Day are to:
- Strengthen communities and build better relationships with the people who live around us.
- Create safer, healthier and more vibrant suburbs and towns.
- Promote tolerance, respect and understanding.
- Break down community barriers.
- Protect the elderly, the vulnerable and the disadvantaged.
- The stories must reflect the spirit and purpose of Neighbour Day, (see principal aims above).
- Entries will open on Monday 2 February 2015 and close on Monday 13 April 2015.
- Entry to this competition is open to people of all ages, currently residing in Australia.
- Entrants must only submit one story, written in English.
- The word limit for stories submitted is 500 words.
- Entries must be the original work of the participant and must not have been published, self-published, included on a website, blog, online forum or other broadcast medium prior to the competition entry.
- Entries must contain the entrant’s name, address, email and phone contact details. Relationships Australia will delete the surname, contact details and street names before stories are published.
- All entries must be submitted via the Neighbour Day website.
- In submitting an entry to the competition, entrants grant Relationships Australia the right to publish the story on the Neighbour Day website, associated social media accounts and other publishing or broadcast mediums as chosen by the organisation.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries.
Competition winners will be announced after 4 May 2015 on the Neighbour Day website and winners will be notified via the contact details provided.
Prizes will be awarded for each state and territory along with a national prize winner. The prize pool for Tell Us Your Story includes:
– A $100 gift voucher for the winning entry from each state and territory ($800 total)
– A $300 gift voucher for the overall National winner ($300 total).