Tell Us Your Story – Winners announced
Each year Neighbour Day invites people across Australia to share their neighbourly stories. Across the country, Australians have faced, and continue to face, challenging times – bushfires, drought, floods, the COVID-19 pandemic and for many, loneliness. The strength we draw from each other, from our relationships and our wider communities, has never been more important.
To reflect the Every Day is Neighbour Day theme for Neighbour Day 2021, we asked people to tell us their stories of creative connections over the past year and to share something about one or more of the following:
- how you or your neighbours reached out to vulnerable and/or lonely members of your community and what you have done to create a connection and/or stay connected;
- new neighbourly connections (or reconnections with neighbours you already knew) and how that came about;
- a place or service or activity in your neighbourhood that fosters connection
- friendship and/or support of people in your neighbourhood;
- any other good news story about social connection.
These social connections may be one-off moments or regular and lasting interactions that create one to one relationships or become the starting point for an ongoing group.
For more inspiration, check out the neighbourly stories by the winners of previous competitions.
Tell Us Your Story winners
The Neighbour Day 2021 Tell Us Your Story Competition closed for entries on 28 February 2020.